- We are the restaurant brand of Chocolate Cortés, whose 92-year tradition of providing superior farm-to-table chocolates and chocolate products to the families of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic is second to none! All of our menu items incorporate our chocolate as an ingredient.
- We pride ourselves on family, community, celebrating life, art, and of course….CHOCOLATE!
- Our service philosophy is simple….Fine dining, world-class service in a casual setting.
- As the Food Runner, you are the primary support for servers and bartenders. Your ability to coordinate the cleanliness of tables and organize side stations is most important! Preparation and readiness are key components of successful service. Smiling is not an option. It is a REQUIREMENT! A friendly, warm, and engaging demeanor is required. As the Busser/Barback/ Food Runner, you help keep service flowing and fast-paced every day.
- Have a pleasant and engaging personality.
- Be able to lift up to 35lbs.
- Clean and sanitize tables, counters, service trays, and other employee and guest contact surfaces.
- Organize bus tubs and be able to polish flatware, glasses, and other necessary essentials.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Food Runners must coordinate with the Expeditor in the kitchen, servers, and bartenders.
- Perform all required duties before, during, and after service periods.
- Work quickly and efficiently across all service periods.
- First and foremost, you must love chocolate!!!
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of NY experience in a high-volume, FULL-SERVICE restaurant environment.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) preferred!!!
- Great hourly pay $11.00 per hour + Tips
- Discounted employee meals
- Paid vacation(Full-time employees)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid safe and sick leave
- Good quality-of-life balance
- Did we also mention chocolate?
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you LOVE chocolate?
Do you like unique experiences?
Do you feel your community deserves nothing but the best?
If you answered YES, to all of these questions, then Chocobar Cortés wants YOU!
Chocobar Cortés has arrived in NYC, and we want YOU to become part of the family!!!
Thriving on an 8-year legacy of culinary and service excellence(2017 Best Restaurant in the Caribbean- USA Today), we are officially open in NYC, introducing a unique dining and cultural experience to the NYC landscape. We are the restaurant brand of Chocolate Cortés, whose 92-year tradition of providing superior farm-to-table chocolates and chocolate products to the families of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic is second to none! Our guest philosophy simple; world-class service in a relaxed, casual environment. If you have a passion for superb food and superior service, we want you as part of our community, where it’s not just a job, but a way of life; a celebration of chocolate, Caribbean culture, art and life!
Be part of an up-and-coming institution which prides itself on family and community! Growth and advancement opportunities are available as the company expands. Come join us in a fast-paced environment with some of the best in the business! We are making our home in the Bronx and have a special interest in all applicants from the Bronx and surrounding boroughs, with special focus on building a diverse team and encourage BIPOC, LATINX, and LGBTQ+ individuals to apply. We are currently staffing for various positions and look forward to hearing from you!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)