- We are the restaurant brand of Chocolate Cortés, whose 92-year tradition of providing superior farm-to-table chocolates and chocolate products to the families of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic is second to none! All of our menu items incorporate our chocolate as an ingredient.
- We pride ourselves on family, community, celebrating life, art, and of course….CHOCOLATE!
- Our service philosophy is simple….Fine dining, world-class service in a casual setting.
- As the Bartender, you are the face of the restaurant at the bar. Your ability to prepare and serve our signature libations is most important and appreciated! Preparation and readiness are key components of successful service. Smiling is not an option. It is a REQUIREMENT! A friendly, warm, and engaging demeanor is required. As the bartender, you direct the narrative and serve alcohol responsibly.
- Have a pleasant and engaging personality.
- Food/liquor order entry into the POS.
- Guest relations.
- Identify products and describe food and cocktails.
- Must keep all relevant work areas clean, sanitized, and at the ready.
- Upsell products to increase check average.
- Produce cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages, and tasting flights according to restaurant standards.
- Properly utilize all bar equipment.
- Coordinate drink preparation for guests at the bar and servers on the floor.
- Adhere to a bottle-for-bottle policy!
- Uphold our highest standards of service and excellence!!
- First and foremost, you must love chocolate!!!
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of NY experience in a high-volume, FULL-SERVICE restaurant environment.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must be experienced in proper sales and service of alcoholic beverages (TIPS Certification is a HUGE +)!
- Great hourly pay $11.00 per hour + Tips
- Discounted employee meals
- Paid vacation(Full-time employees)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid safe and sick leave
- Good quality-of-life balance
- Did we also mention chocolate?
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you LOVE chocolate?
Do you like unique experiences?
Do you feel your community deserves nothing but the best?
If you answered YES, to all of these questions, then Chocobar Cortés wants YOU!
Chocobar Cortés has arrived in NYC, and we want YOU to become part of the family!!!
Thriving on an 8-year legacy of culinary and service excellence(2017 Best Restaurant in the Caribbean- USA Today), we are officially open in NYC, introducing a unique dining and cultural experience to the NYC landscape. We are the restaurant brand of Chocolate Cortés, whose 92-year tradition of providing superior farm-to-table chocolates and chocolate products to the families of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic is second to none! Our guest philosophy simple; world-class service in a relaxed, casual environment. If you have a passion for superb food and superior service, we want you as part of our community, where it’s not just a job, but a way of life; a celebration of chocolate, Caribbean culture, art and life!
Be part of an up-and-coming institution which prides itself on family and community! Growth and advancement opportunities are available as the company expands. Come join us in a fast-paced environment with some of the best in the business! We are making our home in the Bronx and have a special interest in all applicants from the Bronx and surrounding boroughs, with special focus on building a diverse team and encourage BIPOC, LATINX, and LGBTQ+ individuals to apply. We are currently staffing for various positions and look forward to hearing from you!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)