- We are the restaurant brand of Chocolate Cortés, whose 92-year tradition of providing superior farm-to-table chocolates and chocolate products to the families of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic is second to none! All of our menu items incorporate our chocolate as an ingredient.
- We pride ourselves on family, community, celebrating life, art, and of course….CHOCOLATE!
- Our food philosophy is simple….classic comfort food; infused with chocolate, expertly prepared, finished, and served with care.
- As one of our Line Cooks, you are charged with producing plates of chocolate-infused joy! Every dish which comes from your hands will bring smiles to eager patrons who will not only crave more but talk about the wonderful food they enjoyed. Preparation and readiness are key components of successful service. As a Line Cook, you will coordinate first-hand with your fellow Cooks, Head Chef, and expos to ensure every plate is hot, fresh, delicious and a culinary experience to remember.
- Have a pleasant and positive demeanor.
- Prepare both hot and cold food items on the cooking line.
- Set up and break down the individual stations on the cooking line according to established standards.
- Execute all menu items to current specifications.
- Complete any ancillary preparation of main menu items, side dishes, and garnishes.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary station.
- Coordinate with other cooks, head chefs, and expos to ensure all food is sent to the dining room hot and fresh.
- Restock station with proper food supplies as needed.
- Follow all HACCP and Food Safety standards.
- First and foremost, you must love chocolate!!!
- Culinary school graduate preferred with minimum Associates Degree.
- Will accept a minimum of 3 years of NY experience in a high-volume setting without a degree.
- Must have experience in working both hot and cold stations on the cooking line.
- Must be skilled in various cooking techniques inclusive of grilling, frying, sautéing, baking, etc.
- Must have a proven track record of reliability.
- Must be willing to learn and execute dishes to established specifications!
- Must be skilled in cleanliness and sanitation.
- Must be willing to obtain NYCDOHMH Food Handler Certification within the first year of employment if you don’t already have one.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) preferred!!!
- Great hourly pay
- Discounted employee meals
- Paid vacation(Full-time employees)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid safe and sick leave
- Good quality-of-life balance
- Did we also mention chocolate?
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you LOVE chocolate?
Do you like unique experiences?
Do you feel your community deserves nothing but the best?
If you answered YES, to all of these questions, then Chocobar Cortés wants YOU!
Chocobar Cortés has arrived in NYC, and we want YOU to become part of the family!!!
Thriving on an 8-year legacy of culinary and service excellence(2017 Best Restaurant in the Caribbean- USA Today), we are officially open in NYC, introducing a unique dining and cultural experience to the NYC landscape. We are the restaurant brand of Chocolate Cortés, whose 92-year tradition of providing superior farm-to-table chocolates and chocolate products to the families of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic is second to none! Our guest philosophy simple; world-class service in a relaxed, casual environment. If you have a passion for superb food and superior service, we want you as part of our community, where it’s not just a job, but a way of life; a celebration of chocolate, Caribbean culture, art and life!
Be part of an up-and-coming institution which prides itself on family and community! Growth and advancement opportunities are available as the company expands. Come join us in a fast-paced environment with some of the best in the business! We are making our home in the Bronx and have a special interest in all applicants from the Bronx and surrounding boroughs, with special focus on building a diverse team and encourage BIPOC, LATINX, and LGBTQ+ individuals to apply. We are currently staffing for various positions and look forward to hearing from you!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)